Friday, July 22, 2005

Prepare....for the critical mass

As my company prepare for ISO certification many of my colleagues preparing their procedures and documentation. At first I feel quite ease, since my department seems prepared. But watching others preparing so hard and spending enourmous time to prepare is affecting me. I become worry and start to look at my procedures and documentation once again.

So what do I learn from this experiences? It’s certainly not that ISO certification is hard (I think everybody know that already) but that environment affect our decision making (and so do everyone). So if you want to make your sub-ordinates do something that he/she doesn’t think it is important, then you need to raise his/her importancy…by creating an environment (quite large number of mass) that feel it is important.

In the other hand if you make a decision in an environment that small number of people that believe in your decision then you’re in trouble. This small number of people will be easily influenced by the large number of people that stand in the other side. So, keep your critical mass…..

No comments: