Monday, September 19, 2005

Opportunity

This last couple of day I have an offer, a very challenging offer, very good offer indeed. But nothing in this world is that perfect right? Seems like this offer will also potentially bring many problems. Altough it is not a definite thing, but still it make my heart shattered and worry. How about many other people envy? How they gonna react, etc. In this time of doubt there are some events that are really helping me, I wanna share it with you all.

One thing is back almost 15 years ago. At that time I go to my grandmother house. There one of my uncle said that I have to study very hard. Opportunity is consists of 3 things : skill/capability, opportunity and resources (such as time, money). He gave me an example from his own experience, he cannot study at higher level because one of this 3 things is not available. So he said to me, if you have these 3 things don’t you ever let go what ever that come to you.

The second thing is come from my colleagues. She said that “opportunity doesn’t come twice, and the higher you are the lonelier you are”. I really thanks her for this small words. This sentences that she send through sms is really helping me to pass through this difficult time. I hope she read this, and I wanted her to know that I will not give up. I will prove myself.

The last thing that accidentally also happen at the same day is 2 songs that being played at karaoke when I and some of my friends go out. The first song is “Reach” from Gloria estefan. It lyrics said “…..if I could reach, higher. I put my spirit to the test, I’ll do my best, if I could be stronger….”. All of this sentences is making me realized that opportunity doesn’t come twice, so now it’s just a matter of how you stretch yourself, how you put your spirit to the test, do your best and becoming stronger and better. Then you could reach it, reach something higher then anybody else ever reach. The second song I don’t really remember the titles, but it also said that opportunity doesn’t come twice and you could do it, yes, you could. Just trust yourself, do your best.

So, altough it is still a hard time for me, altough still many thing need to be prepared and done, I believe that I could do the best. I wanted to show myself, so even I am not as good as they expected to be I shall not ever feel dissapointed. Because I know that opportunity doesn’t come twice, and I put my spirit to the test, strecth it, become stronger and reach to the top.

No comments: