Monday, September 19, 2005

Love 'em or Lose 'em - #4 - Dignity

I start to read this wonderful book once again. It still amaze me J

How we respect people and subordinates is so important. Try to look at yourself, do you have any prejudice? If you do, come on, start remove it. Don’t look people by the color of their skin, status, age, geographics origin, etc. Like Abraham Lincoln said “I do not like this person. I must get to know him better

If you have a sloopy moods (moods that goes like a roller coaster), then you should start to controlled it. Because whether you realized it or not sometimes when you are in bad mood you could other people feeling. And believe me you don’t want to do that.

Notice your employees. Pay attention as you walk, say hello to them by name. Smile, shake hands and greet your employees. They will feel honored, trust me on this one, because I once feel it on my own.

Trust, one word that sometimes so hard to earn and give. I myself still think that trust must be earn, not give. But still I give flexibility, and I promise to give, say, act like I trust them. Because I know and I feel it by myself that being trusted is more than anything, it is sometimes defined as success.

Fair is fair. Fair for you is not always fair for anybody else, so please ask them, understand them. You need to know what the word fair mean to them. As you think that you fair and they don’t then you shall lose them fo sure.

Anybody home? This subtitles is tickling me. I wonder what it means. At this book it said that sometimes as boss you so busy that you don’t even care for your employees. You forget that they once ask you for leaving permission, or a seminar registration, or a story that his/her mother is sicks. Spend your time, make yourself available and reachable by them. Listen, react quickly, don’t let them nag you.

At the end of the day respect and dignity is all about attitude. Something that is not easily created. So if you know that you have a homework then you should really fix that out from now on.

No comments: