Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cloud

This picture was taken in Jakarta, Pantai Indah Kapuk to be precisely. We just get down from a boat that take us the whole day for taking picture of birds when we see the beautiful sky. It's really great...the cloud is hanging on the sky while the sunset gave a reddish color of the sky.

Unfortunately I don't bring my GND Filter (more on : SinghRay or Cokin), so the dynamic range is hard to catch. That's why I use Adobe photoshop to do a manual HDR (High Dynamic Range : a technique to blend a different exposure level to get an optimum dynamic range). I get the sky around -2 stop lower, while the nearby swamp around +1/3 EV.

I use f4 as the apperture, more because I also don't bring my tripod to support my camera. That's why I need a quite "fast" shutter speed, unless I want my picture shake.

Anyway this is the result :
















Canon 350D | Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS @ 17mm
f4 | 1/40 sec's | ISO 800 | Handhold - leaned again the wall
HDR using Adobe photoshop | Layering is used in this picture

Feel free to comment it ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bagus banget hasilnya....love it!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks 4 d comment Tiara